Building on the success of last summer’s concert series, we announce our 2022 Music at MoCA Concert Series featuring a diverse line-up of twelve Jazz, Pop, World Music, Broadway, Country/Folk and Classical performances. The concerts will be held both inside the Museum and on MoCA Westport’s outdoor stage between March – November 2022.
Tickets for the Music at MoCA Concert Series are now on sale. A variety of Concert Series ticket packages are available for purchase, including a Season Pass (all 12 concerts), a Create Your Own Season package (pick at least 4 concerts), and tickets for individual concerts. Tickets are available on our website or by calling the Museum at 203/222-7070. New this season, a streaming option is available for each concert for those who prefer to watch the concerts live from home.
Three of the Jazz concerts will once again feature performers from the Jazz at Lincoln Center Emerging Artist Spotlight series, including trombonist Mariel Bildsten, pianist/composer Sean Mason, and saxophonist Camille Thurman.
Alexander Platt, MoCA Westport’s Concert Series Curator, stated, “Our Music at MoCA Concert Series provides opportunities to see both rising stars and esteemed performers across a variety of musical genres in a magnificent setting. We are thrilled to once again collaborate with the Jazz at Lincoln Center organization and to also welcome the world-renowned Danish String Quartet to MoCA for a special performance in August.”
Attendees can experience our current exhibition with complimentary admission. Food and drinks will be available for purchase at each event including alcoholic beverages for attendees 21+. For outdoor concerts, attendees should bring their own lawn chair seating.
The complete 2022 Music at MoCA Concert Series schedule is as follows. All concerts will begin at 7 p.m. In the case of inclement weather, outdoor concerts will be held inside the Museum.
- March 25: Alturas Duo with Gonzalo Cortés (World Music) | Indoors
- April 16: The Figgs (Rock) | Indoors
- April 30: Griffin Anthony (Pop) | Indoors
- May 21: Camille Thurman (Jazz) – Jazz at Lincoln Center Emerging Artist | Outside
- June 11: Sean Mason (Jazz) – Jazz at Lincoln Center Emerging Artist | Indoors
- June 25: A Tale of Two (Country/Folk) | Outside
- July 15: Adam Tendler (Classical Contemporary) | Indoors
- July 23: Broadway Through The Ages (Broadway) | Outside
- August 5: Danish String Quartet (Classical) | Indoors
- August 20: Mariel Bildsten (Jazz) – Jazz at Lincoln Center Emerging Artist | Indoors
- September 9: Roman Rabinovich (Classical) | Indoors
- November 19: Heida Hermanns Competition Celebration | Indoors
All safety protocols will be explicitly followed. We will continue to closely monitor and adhere to any changes in COVID-related protocols during 2022.
MoCA Westport thanks its Music at MoCA Concert Series Sponsors, including WPKN, WSHU Public Radio and WMNR. To learn more about corporate, community partner, and individual sponsorship opportunities, please contact Cynthia Dempster at firstname.lastname@example.org.