Call for Submissions: IDENTITY
MoCA Westport 2022 High School Student Art Exhibition
THIS CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS IS NOW CLOSED.
We are excited to announce MoCA Westport’s 2022 High School Student Art Exhibition in our museum space and online.
This year’s theme is IDENTITY. “Identity encompasses the memories, experiences, relationships, and values that create one’s sense of self.”*
Each student may submit one entry of either a drawing, painting, digital/graphic image, photograph, sculpture or video that explores the theme of Identity. Artwork must be framed and ready to hang. All High School students are eligible and welcome to submit, and all submissions will be accepted (unless deemed inappropriate due to graphic content).
We look forward to bringing together another fantastic exhibition showcasing the talent, creativity and voices of our youth today! Check out last year’s high school submissions here.
- Exhibition will run from Saturday, January 29 through Saturday, March 12, 2022
- EXTENDED! Emailed digital submissions are due on Wednesday, January 5 by midnight.
- Artwork dropoff will take place Sunday, January 9 from 12-4 pm and Monday, January 10 from 12-6 pm
- All 2-dimensional work must be framed and ready to hang. Work may not exceed 30 inches in either height or width
- Each student may submit ONE artwork that expresses the theme of Identity.
- All High School Students are eligible.
- All artwork will be accepted unless deemed inappropriate due to graphic content
- Art may be drawing, painting, digital/graphic images, photographs, sculpture or video
- All 2-dimensional work must be framed and ready to hang
- Work may not exceed 30 inches in either height or width
To enter, submit one digital image** of an artwork to the email: email@example.com
The image file name should have your last name & first name specifically written like this: Lastname_Firstname.jpg
In your email write the below information in this order:
- Your Name
- Title of Work
- School, Town
- Grade, Age
- One or two sentences about what Identity means to you
- Price (if you would like your work to be for sale)
There is a $10 entry fee. Click or paste the below link to submit payment when you email your file.
Scholarship is available to waive this fee. We can also accommodate additional methods of payment. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details or assistance.
- Wednesday, Jan 5, 2021: Due date: email digital submission of one artwork and $10 entry fee.
- Sunday, January 9, 2022: In-person drop off at MoCA from 12-4 pm.
- Monday, January 10, 2022: In-person drop off at MoCA from 12-6 pm Please have your work framed and ready to hang.
- January 29–March 12, 2022: Exhibition is open to the public during regular gallery hours.
- Sunday, March 13, 2022: In-person artwork pickup from 12-4 pm.
- Monday, March 14, 2022: In-person artwork pickup from 12-6 pm
*As defined in Psychology Today magazine
**Photograph your artwork in diffused sunlight near a window or outside on an overcast day for best results. This allows for overall even lighting on the artwork’s surface and helps avoid shadows, glare and high-contrast hot spots.
MoCA Westport presents the art of today to build a dialogue, to affect our perceptions and beliefs, and to create transformative experiences. From local to national to international artists, our exhibitions and supporting programming both reflect and critically examine our world.