Check out our children’s programming for Spring 2023 and register today! Our entire course schedule is here.
Pre-K – 3rd graders may enjoy an AM session (9:30am – 11:30am) or a full day (9:30a-2:30p) any or all days of their school recess. **All participants must be FULLY potty trained to attend**. Upcoming Camp:
- MINI MoCA LEARNING LABS AND ADVENTURES Tuesdays 2:15 – 3:30p – Blending emerging literacy and math skills with artistic adventures – children in grades Nursery/Pre-K enjoy an hour at MoCA Westport with our instructors engaged in creative pursuits with an emphasis on emerging literacy and art enrichment. This is a drop-off class so students must be fully potty trained.
- STEAM FOR KIDS Wednesdays 4 – 5:30p – STEAM education develops children’s critical thinking skills. STEAM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics. STEAM projects for kids at the Academy at MoCA Westport, incorporate an interdisciplinary approach instead of standing alone. This interdisciplinary approach is more reflective of how disciplines interact in real life.
- AFTER SCHOOL HOMEWORK HELP & ART ENRICHMENT Thursdays 4 – 5:30p In this class, elementary students work with our instructors to complete homework and engage in art enrichment projects.
- MARCH FLOWERS FOR KIDS Sundays 1 – 2:30p – Join us over the month of March to study flowers. Each week our materials will change; some days we will work with small and other days large, some in charcoal and others with paint. Join for one session or the series!
- TODDLER TUESDAYS OR THURSDAYS 10:15 – 11:15a – Offered to toddlers aged 18-24 months and their parents/ caregivers. Introducing young children to art as creators and observers opens the door to self expression and creativity. The act of producing art assists toddlers in developing fine motor skills. Holding a paintbrush so that it will make the desired marks, snipping paper with scissors into definite shapes, drawing with a crayon, or squeezing glue from a bottle in a controlled manner; all help develop a child’s fine motor skills.
- ART CRAWL FRIDAYS 9:45 – 10:30a with your baby! Meet other parents/ caregivers while offering your baby their first developmentally appropriate sensory art experiences! This class is offered to parents/ caregivers and their child(ren) up to 20 months old.
- NATURE & ART EXPLORATION SATURDAYS 9:30 – 10:30a -offered to participants 17-24 months old. EXPLORE!, DISCOVER! CREATE! Nature is a wondrous place! Using our five senses we will discover all nature has to offer- in this one hour class we will get dirty, get messy, and have lots of fun using natural and recycled materials to facilitate our process.