Check out our children’s programming for Winter/Spring 2023 and register today! Our entire course schedule is here.
Pre-K -3rd graders may enjoy an AM session (9:30am – 11:30am) or a full day (9:30a-2:30p) any or all days of their school recess. **All participants must be FULLY potty trained to attend**
- Mini MoCA Learning Lab & Art Adventures Tuesdays 2:15p – 3:30p – Blending emerging literacy and math skills with artistic adventures – children in grades Nursery/Pre-K enjoy an hour at MoCA Westport with our instructors engaged in creative pursuits with an emphasis on emerging literacy and art enrichment. This is a drop off class so students must be fully potty trained.
- Homework Help & Art Enrichment Wednesdays, and or Thursdays, and/or Fridays 4p-5:30p – In this class, elementary students work with our instructors to complete homework and engage in art enrichment projects.
- STEAM FOR KIDS offered Wednesdays 4p-5:30p -STEAM education develops children’s critical thinking skills. STEAM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics. STEAM projects for kids at the Academy at MoCA Westport, incorporate an interdisciplinary approach instead of standing alone. This interdisciplinary approach is more reflective of how disciplines interact in real life.
- TODDLER TUESDAYS OR THURSDAYS 10:15a – 11:15a – Offered to toddlers aged 18-24 months and their parents/ caregivers. Introducing young children to art as creators and observers opens the door to self expression and creativity. The act of producing art assists toddlers in developing fine motor skills. Holding a paintbrush so that it will make the desired marks, snipping paper with scissors into definite shapes, drawing with a crayon, or squeezing glue from a bottle in a controlled manner; all help develop a child’s fine motor skills.
- ART CRAWL FRIDAYS 9:45a- 10:30a with your baby! Meet other parents/ caregivers while offering your baby their first developmentally appropriate sensory art experiences! This class is offered to parents/ caregivers and their child(ren) up to 20 months old.
- NATURE & ART EXPLORATION SATURDAYS 9:30a – 10:30a -offered to participants 17-24 months old. EXPLORE!, DISCOVER! CREATE! Nature is a wondrous place! Using our five senses we will discover all nature has to offer- in this one hour class we will get dirty, get messy, and have lots of fun using natural and recycled materials to facilitate our process.
- EARLY LEARNING COMMUNITY Mondays/Wednesdays 10am – 11:30am – Offered to Toddlers (20-36 months) -The Early Learning Community at MoCA Westport introduces children to independence in a classroom setting through the gradual ‘gentle separation’ process which eases transitions and calms separation anxiety. While engaged in the curriculum, children will have the unique opportunity to immerse themselves in developmentally appropriate activities that spark creativity, stimulate brain development, build dexterity, engage with their peers through productive play, music and art exploration, and be introduced to emergent literacy and mathematical concepts. The goal for our Early Learning Community at MoCA Westport is for participants to independently enjoy the duration of each class, build stamina, trust and be prepared to transition to successfully engage in future drop-off experiences.