ARTS FOR ALL
MoCA Gives Back
The MoCA Gives Back initiative embodies a core belief of MoCA Westport: arts for all. With this ethos in mind, we strive to consistently recognize and meet the diverse needs of our community by forming partnerships, developing high-quality programming, and strengthening outreach to and for under-resourced populations. MoCA Gives Back is our commitment to provide meaningful programs and a broad range of opportunities for all members of our local community. It is an extension of our mission to build a deeper understanding of, and passion for, the arts by presenting thought-provoking and relevant arts experiences. MoCA Gives Back is our promise to offer a comprehensive experience of MoCA Westport’s visual, performing and educational arts programs and make them accessible to all.
Through the MoCA Gives Back initiative, MoCA Westport is able to offer equitable access and meaningful experiences, including employment, to those who are under-resourced in our community. With the generous support of our volunteers and donors, MoCA Gives Back has been able to partner with organizations to provide healing arts classes and employment for adults with disabilities; offer scholarships to summer camp and educational opportunities for those experiencing financial need; and provide regularly scheduled healing arts classes to high school students and collaborate with professional artists to bring events to under-resourced schools.
Partnerships & Outreach
Since the inception of MoCA Gives Back, we have been able to offer an array of healing arts activities. With your support, we are able continue to foster ongoing relationships with:
- Employment for Everyone (E4E), encourages and supports local businesses to recruit, hire and advance people with disabilities while cultivating a disability-friendly and inclusive culture throughout the town of Westport.
- The Norwalk Next Steps Program works with students, ages 18-22, to effectively become valued members of the community. It offers a range of services for students in need of functional academics, vocational experiences, and independent living skills development.
- Side by Side Charter School is a regional public charter school located in the heart of downtown South Norwalk, with an integrated student population that reflects the diversity of our surrounding community.
- STAR, Inc., through The Arc of Connecticut, is an advocacy organization committed to protecting the rights of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) and promoting opportunities for their full inclusion in their communities.
- Westport Connections is intended for special education students between 18 and 22 years old who have met their academic requirements, but need more help with living skills.
- Club 203 provides fun & engaging activities for our community of adults with disabilities.
- Horizons partners with students attending under-resourced Bridgeport schools to develop strong academic, social, and emotional skills, habits of mind, and the resilience to succeed in school and pursue a meaningful, choice-filled life.
- Hang Time/ Her Time Her Time is the sister program to Hang Time which was founded in 2014 by Charles Grady, to provide men a forum to address the issues they face as they transition from incarceration. Her Time acts as a hub for resources such as jobs, career training, PTSD support, housing information, education, and community service. Learn more about the organization’s recent visit to MoCA here.
Get involved to support our MoCA Gives Back initiative!
- Join our committee and volunteer your time: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donate to help us continue to grow the MoCA Gives Back initiative
- A donation of $100 can cover the cost of providing an instructor for a healing arts workshop
- A donation of $500 can cover the tuition for a student to attend six sessions of our After School Homework Help and Art Enrichment program.
Join Us On Aug 27 For the MoCA Gives Back Healing Arts Exhibition
Experience the transformative power of art in our community.
MoCA Gives Back: Hang Time Collaboration
The MoCA Gives Back program provides equitable access and meaningful arts experiences.
Congratulations to Club 203
Congratulations to Club 203 for a fabulous inaugural event at MoCA Westport!
A Sincere Thanks to Our Donors:
Acting collaboratively and cooperatively with volunteers on our MoCA Gives Back committee, we work to secure the funding and personnel necessary to honor our commitment to provide arts opportunities to as many people as we can by working to eliminate barriers to entry.
MoCA Gives Back is made possible by the generous support of individual donors.