MoCA Westport welcomes volunteers of all backgrounds and experience levels to help with our exhibitions, events and various programs. We appreciate our volunteers and believe they are crucial to the success of the Museum. Interested in becoming a volunteer? Please contact Cynthia Dempster at firstname.lastname@example.org learn more.
MoCA is currently looking for volunteer docents! Learn about our exhibitions & programs, and share your knowledge with our visitors. Docents are essential to the museum experience — bringing insights, information and knowledge about our shows to the community. Please contact Liz Leggett, Director of Exhibitions, at email@example.com for additional information about this specific opportunity.
If you are interested in learning more and volunteering with the MoCA Gives Back program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since 1969 the MOCA Westport has been a nexus for the visual and performing arts in Fairfield County. We rely on the energy and talent of our volunteers to staff more than 100 arts programs throughout our season. Volunteers help us stay on track both fiscally and artistically.
- Volunteers work with staff in an atmosphere of mutual respect, fulfilling our mission of providing meaningful arts experiences for area residents of all ages.
- Volunteers serve as ticket takers, box office staff, ushers and refreshment and merchandise managers for concerts.
- Volunteers provide hospitality, greet patrons, set up and clean up at art gallery openings.
- Volunteers assist with art installations, including hanging artwork, preparing the gallery, researching artists and entering data.
- Volunteers help with MOCA Westport mailings, administrative tasks, filing, data entry, phone calls and monthly poster distribution.
- Volunteers help with communications and publicity, writing press materials and newsletter items, taking photographs at events, and putting together media kits and other publicity materials.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Volunteers enjoy the benefits of working in the cultural atmosphere of a distinguished arts institution.
- Volunteers enjoy complimentary admission to performing arts concerts at which they work.
- All volunteers are invited to attend the annual Volunteer Reception.