Meet Anne Greenberg, our Director of Education
As a mother of two teenage girls, former classroom teacher, and elementary school assistant principal in New York City, Anne Greenberg brings extensive knowledge and experience to support students and teaching staff at MoCA in her role as Director of Education. Under Greenberg’s leadership, MoCA Westport has launched Support Learning Programs to provide supplemental educational support to students (ages 3-13). Students enrolled will be offered academic support, homework assistance, academic remediation/ supplementation; along with a hands – on art education utilizing our current exhibitions and MoCA’s vast art resources. Enrollment is ongoing so don’t hesitate to apply below!
We are also offering our gallery space to accommodate the needs of upper elementary school and middle school students who are on full remote learning. The gallery will be staffed with instructors to assist with their needs. This option is only available to students who are not actively on quarantine and all students must wear a mask at all times. Temperature will be taken prior to entry. Please call to inquire about his option as it is by reservation only (203)222-7070.
Apply now for After School Program and Mini MoCA Learning Lab/ Art Adventure:
Why choose Art & Academic Programs at MoCA Westport?
MoCA Westport offers your child a safe and creative environment to learn. Our classrooms are equipped with state of the art technology, plenty of space, and appropriate for all ages. We are committed to supporting your children with their individual academic needs while fostering in them an appreciation and understanding of the arts. We are uniquely poised to offer children exposure to our ever changing exhibits in a manner that enhances their understanding of art and culture while bolstering their connection to all academic arenas. MoCA Westport is dedicated to following all health and safety measures in accordance with the state of Connecticut. MoCA Westport provides hospital grade-level air filtration/circulation systems, hand sanitizing stations, and is disinfected regularly to meet and exceed state regulatory standards. We also have a well-manicured outdoor space for your children to run, play and enjoy (weather permitting.)
As an active contemporary art museum, students will have the opportunity to directly explore and engage with our timely exhibitions. MoCA’s art educators goals for your child rise above basic arts & crafts. The arts-focused portion of the curriculum will include projects centered around exhibition themes. Our Winter 2021 exhibition, entitled Hindsight is 2020, showcases High School Artists from near and far. For our students, it offers them opportunities for them to expand their creativity and their critical thinking skills.
Who is eligible to participate?
The program is open to all children ages 3 – 13.
*Scholarship opportunities are available for those with demonstrated financial need. Please contact Executive Director Ruth Mannes (email@example.com) for more information
Who are the teachers?
What precautions do we take for health and safety?
- Students attending the MoCA Westport are responsible for obtaining their own transportation to and from MoCA.
- If you are sending someone other than a parent or legal guardian to pick up your child, please make sure you have given them clearance to do so in writing on our intake forms. We will not release a student to anyone that is not approved to do so.
What does my child need to bring/wear?
- Please have your child wear comfortable, seasonally appropriate clothing.
- We will have breaks where students will be encouraged to run and play outside, so sneakers are always favorable.
- For art projects, we would like your child to have a smock or large shirt to use to protect their clothing from paint and staining.
- Please have your child bring in their Chromebooks and chargers from school along with their backpacks and supplies so that we can support them with any online learning or assignments that are to be submitted digitally. Also please let us know of their allotted ‘special time’ or if you have opted them out of specials.
- We discourage the use of cell phones during pod time, however, if your child has a cell phone for emergency purposes, please remind them it must be left in their backpack on silent. If you need to contact your child you may call MoCA Westport and we will connect you.
- Always have your child come with a mask that is comfortable for them to wear for the duration of the session.
- We will have your child have a snack in the pod.
**Please do not bring food items that contain nuts.
- If your child has any allergies or asthma please send them in with their inhaler and/or Epi pen in case of emergency.
- Please have all of your child’s possessions labeled with their first and last name to avoid confusion and so we can return items left behind.
What happens on school holidays?
We will be generally following the Westport Public District School Calendar with some additional days off.